Monday, August 8, 2011

ALLEGED REPRESENTATIVES

It's customary for the media when referring to members of Congress to designate them as "Representative" so and so. I think that description is inaccurate.

I have the misfortune to have Jeff Denham as the Congressional representative from this district. I don't think Mr. Denham represents me or most of his constituents on much of anything. He's anti-choice, anti-worker, anti-environment, but very pro corporation and pro top 1%.

I think a better designation for Mr. Denham and others in Congress is alleged Representative. It's what the media use to describe people accused of crimes, but who haven't been convicted yet. The word "alleged" isn't totally accurate, of course, because the crimes of people in Congress are already evident, but we also don't get the benefit of a trial.